The Business of Photography
In this video we talk about the business of photography. From finding your niche, to how to build your business and all the things you need to think about to build and keep your business running.
- Find your niche. What is your focus going to be? Weddings, landscape, real-estate…. Find it and own it.
- Network to build your client base – this will take time. Most businesses don’t see success until they have been in business for about 5 years.
- Get a website – This is your portfolio and how your client(s) will see you.
- Insurance – It’s a necessity for your business and gear
- Forms – Get your forms in order. It’ll make you appear more professional when negotiating with clients
- Pricing – Know your worth and don’t sell yourself short.
- Gear – You don’t always have to have the latest and greatest gear. Find what you need to start your business and then slowly acquire more based on what you need based on the field you are in.